The yogis believe you are happy when you know and love yourself, are open to constant learning and make choices to support your wellbeing. A glow of being peaceful and happy comes from within, and when you shine your inner light, happy energy shines back.
Try these exercises to develop that inner happiness. Radiate it like sunshine and let more light into your life!
1) Love & Respect You
. We are often bogged down by thoughts of what is wrong, rather than what is good. We have everything we need within ourselves, but often we’re not able to see it clearly. Identify the best in you, what you offer, and count your blessings. Gratitude creates happiness.
- Write down what makes you special. Go back to that list over and over and remind yourself. If you love yourself, others will too, and you’ll attract exactly what you put out there.
- Make time for you. Put nourishing, healthy things in both body and mind so you can radiate physical and spiritual health from within.
2) Shift Your Perspective.
Always be willing to learn about something unexpected or try something totally different. Not only will you be nourished with new ideas and perspectives, but you’ll be able to offer more to others, too. Fresh ideas are like layers of enlightenment that are inviting to others.
- Visit art galleries, museums, and attend interesting workshops that will spark your imagination and learning.
- Travel – even if it’s to a different neighborhood in your city – with your eyes wide open to discover.
- Socialize with other cultures to give yourself a wider, global perspective on the world.
3) Make Choices to Support You.
Take the time to evaluate whether you’re spending time, money, and emotional effort on things and people who support your wellbeing. Gravitate toward even the simple activities that are optimistic and enriching.
- Make more space and time for positive, happy people by reevaluating relationships that have a high level of drama.
- Choose to engage with people and activities that lift you up and leave you feeling refreshed.
- Schedule activities and time with people that make you feel more energetic – or calm when you need to be.
Putting good thoughts in your mind and heart will attract the same. It will encourage loving, positive people to be in your life, and help you create the life you desire.
Need a weekly dose of inspiration for mind, body & soul? Sign up for the Vie Insider; goodness delivered right to your inbox.
Julie Sacks Founder of Vie & Vedic Meditation Teacher: Julie took the big leap from a successful 20-year career in publishing and marketing to become an entrepreneur, creating a modern movement for well-being. Launching a multistage business plan, starting with Vie’s website LiveYourVie.com, a growing community that includes experts, partners and thought leaders on mind, body and soul. The site offers educational and inspirational content, celebrity interviews with doctors, athletes and chefs – all focused on how to live your healthiest and happiest life. Vie is purpose driven, and donates 10% of all profits back to the community in a partnership with the Sylvia Center, an organization which inspires children to eat well – so that they may lead healthy and productive lives. “Vie” is French for life.