Advance Your Career. You know the basics to give your students an intelligent and effective yoga class. Now become a community leader as a professional teacher through one-on-one mentorship, class assisting and workshops by master teachers in the field. It’s time to define who you are as a yoga teacher and develop your own voice.
The training includes the following two components:
6 Month Apprenticeship:
The mentor/apprenticeship relationship is how yoga was originally passed down to new teachers and YogaWorks continues this effective learning tradition.
• Develop a one-on-one relationship with your mentor, who will guide you throughout the program and beyond.
• Observe your mentor in action – instructing, sequencing, adjusting and inspiring.
• Cultivate your teaching skills as you assist your mentor in class, honing your ability to see bodies, offering modifications and giving hands-on adjustments.
• Participate in small group meeting with your mentor, where you address questions and issues related to teaching yoga.
6 Month Professional Workshop Series
Each month you will participate in weekend workshops to further develop your toolkit of skills taught by master teachers in the field. Workshops include:
• Hands-on adjustments, observing bodies, modifications
• Practice teaching
• How to teach vinyasa flow and advanced asana
• Injury assessment and management
• Restorative & therapeutic yoga
• Meditation, subtle body and yoga philosophy
• Working with beginners and pregnant women
• The business of yoga
Graduates will be able to register with Yoga Alliance at the RYT-500 Level.
CLICK HERE to view our schedule of trainings
CLICK HERE to download an Application (YogaWorks Studios)
CLICK HERE to download and Application (Partner Studios)