Next week, the world will celebrate it’s 45th Earth Day. Though April 22nd is the designated day to honor our beautiful planet and shed light on the ways we can help protect Mother Earth, we should be concerned about sustainability and global warming issues 365 days a year. Earth is our home, and we only get one.
Recycling trash, conserving water, turning off lights when you’re not home, ditching plastic bags, and unplugging your chargers when they’re not in use are all great ways to help preserve our environment on a daily basis. However, there is yet another way you can reduce your carbon footprint: be conscious about the clothing and accessories you buy.
In celebration of Earth Day and to help you align your inner practice with your outer style, I’ve rounded up some of my favorite eco-friendly yoga essentials. Organic or recycled materials and local supply or production were just a few of the criteria.
I hope you enjoy Earth Day this year! Spend it outdoors, doing something you love in the beautiful gift of nature. Remember, every action we take to reduce our carbon footprint will help us create a cleaner planet.
- The Teeki Moon Dance Black Hot Pants are 79% recycled and are made in the USA.
- The Jade Yoga Mat is made from natural rubber. Also, JadeYoga plants a tree for every mat sold.
- YogaWorks Recycled Yoga Blocks are made of more than 50% recycled foam.
- Harvest Active Escape Leggings (also pictured above) are made from Karmastretch, a recycled poly and spandex blend made using over 80% recycled materials. Harvest donates 1% of total sales to organizations fighting for the environment.
- Prism Sport Track Pants are created using a process called sublimation printing. Sublimation printing is the alternative to the traditional print, steam, and wash processes and is a sustainable, environmentally conscious way of manufacturing custom printed textiles.
- The Hydro Flask has many benefits: it’s made from BPA-free materials, is more cost efficient than buying bottled water, and is better for our environment by reducing the amount of fossil fuels and toxins released into the air during production.
- The Teeki Sacred Feather Hot Pants are 79% recycled and made in the USA.
- The Harvest CrossFire Sports Bra (also pictured above) is made from Karmastretch, a recycled poly and spandex blend made using over 80% recycled materials.
Kristin Peterson is a personal stylist, model, actress and CEO and founder of KP Style and Image. Before becoming a leading Personal Stylist and Image Consultant, Kristin grew up in Kansas City, Missouri, and then attended Loyola University of Chicago where she studied Business. Kristin started KP Style and Image because she wanted to use her knowledge and expertise to help men and women achieve the look, image and lifestyle they desire. “Our goal at KP Style and Image is to not only make shopping stress free and fun, but we also teach our clients how to dress with confidence, style and speed.” To learn more about Kristin, visit her website, follow her on Facebook or twitter @kpstyleandimage.