Using material from ancient texts, trauma research and modern neuroscience studies, we’ll learn how combining cognitive and somatic approaches can support changes in brain patterning. Y12SR training equips participants with the knowledge, understanding and application of yoga and the 12 steps. Participants will gain the tools to offer weekly Y12SR classes in their communities.
In this 3 day training we will:
- Investigate yogic and 12-step principles as a foundation of recovery
- Recognize the symptomology of unresolved trauma and nervous system dys-regulation
- Discover sustainable ways for self-regulation and stress management that enhance physical, mental and spiritual well-being
- Recognize the traps of projection, transference, counter-transference, boundary violations and spiritual bypass
- Develop a network of professionals including trauma experts and others in the addiction recovery treatment field
This is a combination of the Y12SR Intensive and the Leadership trainings. This training results in full Y12SR certification.
An accomplished teacher, speaker, and founder of Y12SR: The Yoga of 12-Step Recovery, Nikki Myers is a Yoga Therapist, Somatic Experiencing Practitioner, and ARISE Interventionist Intern. Based in its theme ‘the issues live in the tissues’, Y12SR is a relapse prevention program weaving the art & science of yoga with the practical tools of 12-step programs. Nikki’s work has been featured in the NY Times, Huntington Post, Yoga Journal, and Origins Magazine. She received the 2014 NUVO Cultural Visionary Award. Y12SR meetings are available throughout the U.S. and internationally. The curriculum is features in many addiction treatment centers. www.y12sr.com
Oct 11 - 13, 2019
$495 if paid before 9/13
YogaWorks - Midtown, Houston
2100 Travis Street
Houston TX 77002